Wednesday, August 31, 2005

My newest hiking accessory........ I went to the REI Labor day sale on Monday and picked this up for 50% off. It is great! A 2 liter water reservoir that I can fill with ice water, which sits right on my back to keep me cool, lots of space for a snack, extra camera lens, extra clothes, book, etc. And a nice waist strap and sternum strap to keep the pack close on my back so I won't feel so strained. I am all set! The only things on my list of hiking wishes are trekking poles (but I want to borrow some and try them out before buying) and some hiking shoes, although I have made some old Nikes work for now. They are worn through on the heel so the plastic rubs, but I patched them up a bit and they don't hurt my feet. Now, all I need is good weather! I am hoping to go out on Friday, if it is not raining. Not sure where.....I was going to go out today for short hike to test out the pack, but I ended up feeling so tired from work yesterday that I opted to stay home instead.

2 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, August 31, 2005, Blogger Sabrina said...

fancy schmancy!

 
At 3:23 PM, September 14, 2005, Blogger Sabrina said...

go on any fun hikes lately?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home